Fountain of Youth Anti-Aging Moisturizer
This anti-aging facial moisturizer for mature skin features peptides, proteins and botanicals to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and tighten and tone the skin. For best results, use after cleanser, toner and Collagen Boosting Serum. Only a thin layer is needed.
Meet the actives:
- *Gladback™ is a purified and standardized fraction of Poria cocos for mature and/or menopause skins. It is a multi-functional active ingredient which increases skin thickness, radiance and microcirculation, and it also reduces the appearance of wrinkles typical of aging. Poria cocos is a well-known fungus in Asian traditional medicine where it is used as a purifying, antioxidant and softening agent. In GladbackTM, the part used st the sclerocia (mycelium), which is rich in polysacchrides (pachyman) and triterpenes. It is rich in Hyaluronic Acid and Collagen.
- *TRYLAGEN® is a combination of active peptides and proteins that can fight the processes that affect the quantity and quality of collagen as we age. It acts on collagen via 3 main functions:
- A) Collagen boosting- During aging, the synthesis of collagen gradually declines. The active ingredients in TRYLAGEN® boost the synthesis of collagen types I, III and IV, helping to compensate for our decreased production as we age.
- B) Collagen organization- The process of fibrillogenesis results in the formation of collagen bundles that are responsible for the strength and resilency of the skin. TRYLAGEN® controls collagen fibril dimensions by uniformising their diameter and spacing them regularly. This provides a better cohesion and stabilization of collagen fibers, and gives suppleness to the skin.
- C) Collagen protection - After a certain age the degradation of collagen speeds up, due to an increase in MMP (matrix metalloproteinases) levels. Collagenases, a specific type of MMP, cleave fibrillar collagen into smaller fragments, which are then susceptible to further proteolysis. TRYLAGEN® inhibits the production of human MMP-2 and MMP-3, therefore avoiding excessive collagen damage in aged skin. Its anti-collagenase activity protects collagen from degradation
*Syn Hycan - Loss of skin firmness is one very visible sign of aging. SYN®-HYCAN helps to fight sagging skin by boosting hyaluronan content and increasing the expression of decorin and lumican. Hyaluronan (HA) plays an important role in the skin. This glucosaminoglycan (GAG) consists of a long sugar chain that can bind up to 1,000 times its weight in water. The excellent moisture-holding property leads to a gel-like framework for collagen, elastin and skin cells. Also important is its ability to act as a filler, which helps provide the skin with mechanical cushioning. SYN®-HYCAN boosts hyaluronan production and allows needle-free HA-based face contour remodeling. Decorin and lumican are two important proteoglycans of the dermis. Their protein part binds to a collagen fibril while the GAG part acts as a spacer between the fibrils. The result is the formation of thinner collagen fibrils with increased quality and strength. Both activities of SYN®-HYCAN work nicely together: Fresh hyaluronan and stronger collagen fibrils result in a visible remodeling effect and a firmer skin. SYN®-HYCAN is a tripeptide which helps to fight skin sagging by boosting hyaluronan production and improving collagen fibrillogenisis. SYN®-HYCAN has a firming and remodeling effect by stimulation of GAG (glycosaminoglycan) biosynthesis. SYN®-HYCAN increases Decorin and Lumican levels for better collagen fibers.
Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Poria Cocos Polysaccharide (Gladback), Argania Spinsosa (Argan) Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Tripeptide-10 Citrulline, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract (and) Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (and) Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (and) Tripeptide-10 Citrulline (and) Tripeptide-1 (Trylagen PCB), Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Syn-Hycan, Sodium PCA, Xanthan Gum, Geogard ECT